USB 3.0 becomes more and more popular in High-speed products such as motherboards, storage devices etc. Developing a USB 3.0 device is not a big deal and you can probably design it within 2 weeks, but how much time and resources do you spend on debugging errors?
Well, if you’re lucky you can find and solve the problem in 10 minutes or maybe two weeks…
The questions; Is there any debugging tool for USB Super Speed that can sniff all the bus data on a protocol level without disturbing the bus and also represent it in a human, understandable way?
The Answer; Yes and it’s called the Beagle USB 5000 Protocol Analyzer from Total Phase. The “5000″ stands of course for 5000 Mbps which is the specification for the USB 3.0 standard.
- Non-intrusively monitor USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 (up to 5 Gbps)
- 2 or 4 GB on-board buffer with live data streaming to the analysis computer
- Real-time USB class-level decoding with the free Data Center Software
- Precise timing down to 2 ns resolution
- Match/Action trigger and filter system
- Automatic support for data scrambling, spread spectrum clocking, polarity inversion, and receiver detection
- Hardware-based packet suppression
- Multiple digital inputs and outputs for synchronizing with external devices
- Fully Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X compatible with support for 32- and 64-bit systems
- Upgrade options for the advanced user such as Advanced Match/Action System and Simultaneous USB 3.0/2.0 Capture